You, You, You, You, and Me
This song was written around 2010/2011. I suppose it began with the opening lines as a kind of smart-alecky joke, but it then became something else. This is the opposite of the "break away to find yourself" genre of songs (of which I have a few). A river moves, while a lake just stays put, happy with what it's got.
We have more "yous" now in our home than when this was written, hence the title and the last line.
"You, You, You, You, and Me"
Instrumentation: guitar
They say you can't step into the same river twice
How about a lake?
No matter how far we drive on this interstate
The same moon keeps us awake
Spinning around in this old galaxy
Chasing our tails, seeking some fantasy
A rolling stone gathers no history
Home's right here, where there's you, you, and me
They say you've always got to look ahead
Take the next step, don't skip a beat
But my next step ain't in front of me
He's sitting behind me in his car seat
It always seems that what trails behind
Moves to the forefront of my mind
The more I live, the more I find
We're living life forward while hitting rewind
Still spinning around in this old galaxy
Not chasing my tail, seeking some fantasy
A rolling stone gathers no history
Home's right here, where there's you, you, you, you, and me
Comments
Post a Comment