Didn't Check the Weather

This oldie was recorded originally around 2006, but then I recorded it again in my basement apartment in Chicago around 2007/2008.  It's funny comparing a song like this to "You, You, You, You, and Me."  That song is all about a sense of peaceful rootedness; this one is pure wanderlust.  Different times, different parts of the story, you might say.   


"Didn't Check the Weather"

Instrumentation: guitar


I didn't even check the weather

Maybe I don't have my act together

Car's packed with the bare bones

With only a map in hand


Well, change is a funny thing

You want it without knowing what it will bring

But I think it's a song I can sing

If only I can find the band


I know that holes can't be filled

But live in one and your hopes are stilled

You'll never see what's around

Only depths so profound


So I am climbing out

Scratch and claw, despite the doubt

Travelling down this long, winding road

New life awaits and hopes abound


Thanks for listening to what I've said

I got sick of the conversation in my head

Your eyes say there's a story of your own

They've seen what they never thought they would


So come and take a walk with me

Your burden will lighten eventually

Ice melts to water, then it turns to air

Breathe it all in, you'll find the good


Comments

  1. this is the most beautiful song ever. It is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts